Last year saw exceptional growth for video on Facebook and the overall trajectory of Facebook video consumption is undeniable. Facebook will be working hard in 2016 to cement that vision, especially in the areas of live video and VR. Below are five statistics which show the importance of video on Facebook in 2016.
- Videos have a 135% greater organic reach compared to photo posts on average
- The number of video posts per person increased by 94% in the USA and 75% globally in 2015. Facebook now serves a staggering 8 billion video views per day – that’s double the amount the video content users were consuming in early 2015.
- Facebook has an average of 8 billion daily video views
- People spend 3x longer watching Facebook Live videos compared to those that are no longer live. Live is not the only type of video content getting a lot of exposure on Facebook – video posts in general reach a larger audience, on average.
- People have watched more than one million hours of video with Samsung Gear VR, says Facebook