Facebook ads enable any company to effectively target posts to specific audiences, this makes it easier to deliver content to the people that actually want to see it. And builds credibility and relevance of your brand to the users that interact with your ads.
But getting your content to the right people isn’t just about creating great content for your target audience. You also need to understand your competitive market to effectively tailor your ad strategy.
Socialbakers, a provider of social media analytic tools, leveraged their social media data set to conduct an analysis of over 4.5 million ads posted on Facebook and Instagram between January 2015 and February 2016. They teamed up with HubSpot, an inbound marketing and sales platform, to deliver the latest in the world of social advertising.
Socialbakers teamed up with HubSpot to bring you an exclusive ebook that covers:
- Which types of Facebook ads are becoming more and less competitive
- How you can adapt to regional trends and improve your ad spend strategy
- How your region compares to other regions worldwide
Here are some facts, trends and statistics on video ads from North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia.
North America Facebook Trends
- Budget allocation for Video ads increased by 150%.
- 12% of budget is spent on Video View ads, up from 8% the previous year.
- The CTR for Video Views on Facebook decreased by 13% from February 2015 to February 2016.
- The CPC for Video Views on Facebook did not change from February 2015 to February 2016.
Europe, Middle East and Africa Facebook Trends
- Video ads increased dramatically in total ad distribution, from 1% of total ads to 11% in 2016.
- From 2015 to 2016, advertisers shifted budget to Video ads and away from page like and post engagement ads.
- The amount of total budget spent on Video ads increased by 200%.
- Video View ads make up 28% of advertisers’ budgets.
- CPC for Video ads increased by 60%, from $.05 to $.08.
- Video Views CTR decreased by 57%.
- Video Views and website clicks, CPC has remained mostly steady over the last 12 months on other ad types.
- As of January 2016, they were 15% of all ads on Facebook, which was a 1400% year- on-year increase. Video ads are also a larger portion of marketers’ budgets, surpassing 25% of total budget in February 2016.
Asia Pacific Facebook Trends
- We will see an increase in Video Views over the next year as people start using the budget they are increasingly allocating.
- This year, advertisers increased their budget for video ads by 275%. This increase
in budget may have spiked an increase in competition, because CTR started decreasing.
Latin America Facebook Trends
- Advertisers increased their budget for Video Views by 36%
- The top 3 ad formats people are spending the most on are Post Engagement ads (28% of budget), Video Views (27% of budget), and Website Clicks (21% of budget).
- There’s been a 250% increase in video ad campaigns year-on-year and video ad distribution has increased from just 1% of all Facebook ads to 8% over the last 14 months. At the same time, CTR has decreased slightly, which is consistent with more advertisers using the ad unit.
Now is the time to make use of video ads. Focus on grabbing your audience’s’ attention as they scroll through their News Feeds. At Vidian we can help you create compelling video ads, with no prior knowledge in video editing, in just a few minutes. Request a demo today!
And stay ahead of the competition by learning how to enhance your advertising tactics and increase Click-through rate, taking your ad budget even further. Download The Future of Facebook Advertising ebook by Socialbakers and Hubspot.